Established in 1929, Bartrums is an established and successful UK Logistics business dedicated to providing quality solutions with an emphasis on excellent customer service. Due to continued growth and fleet expansion, we are now seeking an experienced Traffic Planner to join our existing team at Eye, Suffolk.
You will have a transport background and experience ideally gained from General Haulage type operations. This opportunity will suit an individual capable of thriving within a busy and fast paced environment.
- Routing & scheduling of drivers & large fleet of vehicles
- Professional interaction with internal & external parties
- Professional interaction with customers (verbal and email)
- Accurate ongoing use of the TMS & other associated systems
- Administrational tasks (system and paper based)
- Operational and commercial based decision making
- Resource planning
- Legislative compliance
- Deal with unexpected situations, delays, RTA’s
Key Attributes and Skills
- Experience of General Haulage
- Exposure to large fleet operations and fast paced traffic office
- Professional approach to communication with colleagues and customers
- Good geographical understanding of the UK
- High motivated and capable of working within a pressured environment
- Willingness to work occasional Saturday mornings (rota system)
- CPC (desirable)
This is a full time, permanent position, salary will be commensurate with experience. The successful candidate will benefit from a market competitive salary, twenty five days holiday and a workplace pension scheme.
No agencies please.