The Bartrum Group Ltd, are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant to join the finance team.
This is an integral role assisting with the day-to-day activities of the department to ensure a smooth operation and excellent customer service.
The successful person will be exceptionally organised, a team player and will need to work well under pressure.
The role is 35 hours per week Monday to Friday either 9:00am – 4:30pm or 8:30am – 4:00pm with ½ hour unpaid lunch and will be located at our premises in Eye, Suffolk. You will need to reliably commute to our location.
This is a varied role with a wide range of tasks covering Sales, Purchase Ledger (including but not limited to):
- Raising sales invoices
- Checking and entering purchase invoices
- Reconciliation of bank and supplier statements and remittances
- Answering incoming calls from customers and assisting with queries, developing relationships with customers and across company teams
- Holiday cover for the team
- Assisting the accounts team to manage general workload
- To undertake any other tasks as directed by your Line Manager for which you are suitably experienced.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have knowledge or experience of basic accounting/book-keeping
- Experience of Sage 200 (desirable)
- Hold an AAT qualification
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure, multi-task and effectively prioritise.
- Organised, with attention to detail and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to use own initiative to resolve day to day issues.
- Be a strong administrator and proficient in Microsoft Office – Word & Excel
- Self-motivated, resilient, with an enthusiastic approach to work
Training will be provided on in-house systems.
Salary: £21,000 – £23,000 per annum
- Company pension
- On-site parking