Location: Eye, Suffolk
Job Type: General Haulage Driver
Employment: Full Time / Permanent
Days Worked: Monday to Friday (some Saturday, Sunday working maybe required)
Potential Earnings: £34,000 – £44,000
Benefits: Modern well-maintained fleet, Company Uniform, CPC training provided, Meal Allowance and Night out Payment
We are looking for professional, experienced General Haulage Drivers to make collections and deliveries across the UK, including nights away in the truck. And join our valued team at The Bartrum Group, a family ﬁrm now in its ninth decade of trading and still going strong. Our third-generation directors have seen many changes since Leonard Bartrum started the company in 1929. However, the original company philosophy remains the same.
The General Haulage Division have been servicing this industry for years, our modern ﬂeet of 70 articulated units are ﬁtted with up to date in-cab communication systems and tracking devices. These, with our fleet of curtain sided, ﬂat and extendable trailers for specialised escorted long load work, ensures that we provide a national collection, delivery and storage service, which meets all our customer needs.
On being successful with your application, you will need to make a good impression with your appearance, manner and look of your vehicle. Ensuring goods are delivered with a first-class service, completing all necessary paperwork and above all, leaving everyone you meet with a positive impression of you and the Bartrums Group.
- C+E (HGV 1) Driving Licence (1-year driving experience)
- High levels of health and safety standards
- Numerate and Literate
Experience of bulk haulage desirable, full training will be provided
Current driver Certificate of Professional Competence
- Excellent verbal communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
- Diligent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safe loading & unloading of the vehicle
- Drive courteously and respectfully at all time
- Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect customers property
- Handle customer issues on delivery effectively
- Carry out deliveries in a timely and safe manner
- Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law
- Communicating effectively with Planners and Operations to ensure the smooth running of the operation
- Drive the vehicle within the tachograph law and driver’s hours limits
- Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage
- Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle
- Report any accidents as soon as possible in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure
- Attend essential training to carry out the driver role
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the company standard of performance and health and safety policy
The summary above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required from a Bartrum Driver. It is intended to describe the general nature and level of service we encourage.
If you are looking to join a well-established, family run, reputable company and strive to deliver excellence, apply today.