We are looking for professional, experienced General Haulage Drivers to make collections and deliveries across the UK, including nights away in the truck. And join our valued team at The Bartrum Group, a family ﬁrm now in its ninth decade of trading and still going strong. Our third-generation directors have seen many changes since Leonard Bartrum started the company in 1929. However, the original company philosophy remains the same.
The General Haulage Department have been servicing this industry for years, our modern ﬂeet of articulated units are ﬁtted with up to date in-cab communication systems and telematics. These, with our fleet of curtain sided, ﬂat and extendable trailers for specialised escorted long load work, ensures that we provide a national collection, delivery, and storage service, which meets all our customer needs.
To be successful you will bring professionalism, dedication and flexibility. Ensuring goods are delivered with a first-class service, completing all necessary paperwork and above all, leaving everyone you meet with a positive impression of you and The Bartrums Group.
Benefits: Modern well-maintained fleet, Company Uniform, CPC training provided, Meal Allowance and Night out Payment
• C+E (HGV 1) Driving Licence (1-year driving experience)
• High levels of health and safety standards
• Numerate and Literate
• Experience of general haulage desirable, full training will be provided
• Current driver Certificate of Professional Competence
• Excellent verbal communication
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
• Diligent attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure the safe loading & unloading of the vehicle
• Drive courteously and respectfully at all times
• Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect customers property
• Handle customer issues on delivery effectively
• Carry out deliveries in a timely and safe manner
• Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law
• Communicating effectively with Planners and Operations to ensure the smooth running of the operation
• Drive the vehicle within the tachograph law and driver’s hours limits
• Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage
• Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle
• Report any accidents as soon as possible in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure
• Attend essential training to carry out the driver role
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the company standard of performance and health and safety policy
The summary above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required from a Bartrum Driver. It is intended to describe the general nature and level of service we encourage.
If you are looking to join a well-established, family run, reputable company and strive to deliver excellence, apply today.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £36,000.00-£40,000.00 per year