Employment: Full Time / Permanent
Days Worked: Monday to Friday – 50hrs per week
We are looking for a professional, experienced Driver Trainer. This role plays an important part for the Bartrum Group by supporting across all operations as well as training our current and new drivers for the future.
The role will see the Driver Trainer give assessments and training to improve and change driving culture to our existing drivers as well as training new drivers. The Driver Trainer will also provide direct training through our training department and provide internal and external courses for compliance and vocational requirements, ensuring we and our customers are fully compliant and trained in full.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide driver training to our own and customers drivers to improve their driving style and culture, reducing accidents and ensuring improved driving performance
- Must be able to give training to small and large groups of people and have the confidence and understanding of the course content and to meet the course and customer requirements
- To provide forklift training to our own and customers drivers
- Hold and induct all new starters and complete the required inductions upon request within the group as and when requested
- Understand that our business has operational challenges and changes, the Driver Trainer will be able to adapt, perform and carry out the required changes for the Bartrums Group as and when required
- Be required to contact new and existing customers about our available training courses and create new content increasing training sales and customer development
- Drive vehicles safely and in accordance with the law
- Drive vehicles within the tachograph law and driver’s hours limits
- Look after any vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage
- Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicles
- Report any accidents as soon as possible in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure.
- Attend essential training in order to carry out the driver trainer’s role.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the company standard of performance and health and safety policy
- High levels of health and safety standards
- Numerate and Literate
- Current driver holding a Certificate of Professional Competence
- Excellent verbal communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
- Diligent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be flexible and understand the needs of the business and customers
- Honesty and integrity
- Be able to work in a diverse culture and respect colleagues and customers
- Support the Bartrums Group across the business as and when we required to meet operational need
- To be able to understand course content to meet required qualifications for development
- Ability to work in a team and as an individual
- Flexible work pattern to meet the needs our customers and our own business
- Cover for the Assistant Training Manger though holiday, absence or workload
- Support the training team and other parts of the business in other day to day requirements
- Loading and unloading of goods from vehicles
- Coupling and uncoupling of vehicles, if applicable
- Opening and closing of vehicle curtains
- Entering and exiting vehicles
- Classroom, operational and vehicle training
Education and Experience:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Hold a valid licence for the vehicle being driven, digital tacho card and driver’s qualification card.
- 3 Years experience of driving HGV’s
The summary above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required from a Bartrum Driver Trainer. It is intended to describe the general nature and level of service we encourage.
If you are looking to join a well-established, family run, reputable company and strive to deliver excellence, apply today.
Salary: £13.50 per hour
Expected hours: 50 per week.
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- HGV driving: 3 years (required)
- CPC (required)